Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Spare Time


            I like to do lots of things in my spare time.  I get a lot of spare time because I usually finish my school work really fast, so I have more time to do things that I enjoy.  Some of the things that I like doing are reading, playing outside, and making crafts. 
            I like reading because it is interesting and it takes me to other worlds.  The first book that I really actually loved is called Moon Dogs.  It’s mostly just a picture book, but it really lit up my interests.  Ever since then, I’ve liked reading books about mythology.  Mythology is magical and sometimes it scares me even though I know that the stuff I’m scared about could never actually happen.  I like hearing the adventures that people have in the different stories.
Playing outside is fun because I get to be in nature, which is one of my favorite playhouses.  I like being there because it’s so big and there are so many things to explore.  I like the animals and plants, and I like the open space to run.  I feel so free when I’m outside.
            I like making crafts because it really entertains me and puts my brain to use.  I like making things that some people would never have thought of.  There are so many different things I can make out of cardboard and hot glue.  I picked these really cool plants from our field and glued little eyes on them and called them fuzz buds.  I made little houses for them out of old cardboard boxes.  This is just one of the many things I like making.  I also like making wire crafts by using these tools to shape them into rings and putting beads on them.  There are so many things you can do with a few tools, wire, or cardboard.

            These are the kinds of things I like doing in my spare time from reading, to playing outside, to doing crafts.  I feel really creative when I do these things, and when I don’t get to do them, I can feel bored or not as excited as I usually am.  I wish everyone in the whole world could have as much spare time as I do.  Some people don’t get any at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment