Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Anticipating the Beach


Today I am going to the lake in the too hot to be real California.  I am excited because I really badly hope it will be a warm sunny day so I can jump into the icy water and it won’t feel cold.  I want to play in the water, play in the warm sand, and spend a fantastic lunch and dinner there.

            The water will be pretty cold, but I don’t think I’ll mind it once the air temperature gets too warm to cool off at all. We’ll look for shimmering shiny fish in the water and I’ll try to catch one and then let it go once I look at it.  The sun will sparkle off the water and make it look like it’s from a old fairy tale.  Sometimes you can actually live in fantastic fairy tales. 

            Once I get too cold in the water, I’ll get out and play in the nice warm sand.  I’ll try to make a beautiful sand castle and maybe even bury my funny brother and leave only their cute heads out.  I’ll try to build shimmery streams from the water onto the sand to make a mote around my fantastic castle.  Maybe we can even have a sand castle building contest.

            Once we’ve played in the sand for a while, it will be time to eat.  I’m hoping we’ll have sandy beach sandwiches for lunch and for dinner, I’m not sure yet, but I’m sure it will be good whatever it is.  My grandma always comes up with something delicious.  We might have snacks like graham crackers or fruit and then it will be time to go home.

            I’m crazy excited to play in the water, the warm sand, and eat good food there.  I’m sure me and my brothers will have a palm tree counting contest on the way back.  Then it will be time to go to bed.  I’ll dream about the magical and wonderful day as I fall asleep.  It’s a good way to get started on falling asleep because if you start your dream a little early, it helps you fall asleep better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment